Herbed and Sweetened Shrimp
This recipe came from Cara Bakun.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; stir well.
Place over high heat and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly
thickened. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp is done, stiring
constantly. Remove from heat; stir in basil and lime juice. Serve over
rice. Yield: 4 servings of .5 cups shrimp and .75 cups rice.
- .33 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- .5 teaspoon cracked peper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- .5 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine or other long-grain white rice
Top Owen O'Malley